Los Angeles, CA
The Development team manages the development process from the inception of transaction through the construction and delivery of each project. Development team members specialize in land use, design and construction management and employ these skills across a wide range of asset types in all the diverse geographies in which CIM operates.
The responsibilities of the Vice President, Development include managing all phases of the development and/or redevelopment of assigned properties from the time of initial due diligence & site acquisition through stabilized occupancy.
• Assess feasibility for potential site (both land and existing property) acquisitions including: property condition, entitlement probability, financial and market analysis, initial product identification, environmental studies, engineering and land use studies, etc.
• Responsible for managing and overseeing the planning and entitlement process, including representation before municipal and other regulatory boards, working with land use attorneys, land planners, architects, engineers and other consultants, and local officials.
• Primary responsibility for administering design and construction contracts, establishing scope, pricing, performance, and adherence to budget and schedule.
• Responsible for preparing well-written and documented packages for development/acquisition/disposition activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if any):
• Responsibility for managing Development project team members
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate and/or finance, architecture or urban planning or related major.
• Minimum of 10 years work experience in real estate development related fields including construction, finance, architecture, urban planning, government regulatory agencies, campus management, project management, with priority given to development managers in real estate organizations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the market dynamics and real estate values in a given area/region.
• Significant experience in conceptualizing, site planning, programming and executing development of mixed-use, office, retail and multi-family projects
• MRED preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
• Proficiency in use of CADD or similar design software.