Why We Collect Information About You
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide clients with superior service and to provide all individuals with a smooth, efficient and personalized experience. We utilize this information to:
- Identify your customer relationship with CIM and assist you in creating and maintaining a customer account;
- Process transactions in and relating to your account;
- Oversee distribution processing, transfers, etc.;
- Evaluate and improve our methods of communication;
- Communicate relevant information with the custodians, transfer agents, and/or if applicable, your broker/dealer or financial advisor or other parties involved in the processing, servicing or management of your account; and
- Comply with all applicable federal and state regulatory obligations.
In addition, we may utilize this information to market investment products or services that may be consistent with your financial profile.
What Information We Collect
The information we collect generally falls into the following two categories: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, employer, job title, date of birth, Social Security number, bank account information, financial information such as your income and net worth, and information about your transactions with us such as the investment amount and any contributions and/or distributions.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual. The Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include aggregated statistical data, or data not attributable to a specific person or entity.
We do not connect or otherwise make any association between the Personally Identifiable Information and the Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect.
How We Collect Information
We may request Personally Identifiable Information when you request information from or correspond with us. When you contact our Shareholder Relations department for assistance, or invest in a new program with us, we may ask for Personally Identifiable Information in order to fulfill your requested service and to contact you in the future.
Our web servers may automatically recognize a visitor’s domain name (such as .com, .edu, etc.), the web page from which a visitor enters our website, which pages a visitor visits on our website and on certain other websites, and/or how much time a visitor spends on each page. This information does not reveal a visitor’s identity. We aggregate this information and use it to evaluate and improve our website.
Whether you choose to provide any particular information requested by CIM is completely your own choice. But, if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to receive or access certain services, offers and information.
Using Information About You
In some cases, we may be required to disclose certain information to comply with the law, the charter of the applicable entity into which you invest, or an investigation or a legal process, such as a court order or subpoena. We may disclose information when we believe that such a release is reasonably necessary to enforce or protect our rights.
On occasion, we may send you communications about our company and our products. If you change your mind about receiving marketing communications from us and wish not to receive further marketing communications from us, please let us know that you would like to “opt out” by email at ShareholderRelations@cimgroup.com or by calling us at 866.907.2653. You can opt out at any time.
All email communications from us include instructions on how to stop receiving them. Please follow these instructions if you no longer wish to receive email messages from us. If you would like to update or correct your email address, street address or other personal information with us, please contact us at ShareholderRelations@cimgroup.com or by calling us at 866.907.2653.
Please remember, if you opt to delete certain information, you may not be able to continue to access other portions of our websites without entering additional information.
Protecting Your Information
Our policy is to restrict access to your Personally Identifiable Information to only those employees, service providers and other third parties who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards consistent with industry standards and other applicable standards as required by law and we require service providers and third parties to do the same.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Additional Privacy Terms
CIM Net-Lease Assets
2325 East Camelback Road, 10th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Phone: 866.907.2653 Fax: 480.449.7000
CIM Urban Real Assets
4700 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phone: 323.860.4900 Fax: 323.860.4901